How Often Do You Need a Dental Checkup?
Posted by Uptown Smiles on Jan 7 2022, 11:02 AM
Most dentists recommend that you visit them every six months for a checkup and cleaning. If you have a chronic oral health problem, your dentist may recommend that you visit them more frequently.
Regular dental appointments are a vital aspect of maintaining your oral health and cleanliness. Here's what our dentists at Uptown Smiles in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, have to say about the importance of dental checkups and cleanings in maintaining your oral health:
Why Should I Have My Teeth Cleaned Regularly?
The majority of bacteria that reside in our bodies do not cause any harm. Certain bacteria in tooth plaque, on the other hand, might cause cavities or gum disease if they grow. A dental cleaning will greatly reduce the amount of plaque and calculus in your mouth, lowering your risk of cavities or gum disease.
How Often Should I Have My Teeth Cleaned?
The frequency with which you should have your teeth cleaned is determined by the oral difficulties you are experiencing, as each patient is unique. Patients should generally schedule a professional dental cleaning every six months.
Benefits of Routine Dental Checkups
- Oral Health Problems Diagnosis
- Our dentist will inspect your mouth for signs of cavities, gum disease, infections, oral cancer, and other dental health issues during your regular dental examination. X-rays can also be used to detect abnormalities that aren't evident with the naked eye.
- Professionally Cleaned Teeth
- During your semi-annual dental checkup, your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned to eliminate plaque and tartar that brushing and flossing cannot remove. Plaque and tartar can cause tooth decay, gum irritation, and other dental problems if they accumulate on your teeth. A tooth cleaning is also less expensive than fillings, crowns, and other restorative procedures.
- Oral Health Care Suggestions
- When you come in for your regular exam, our dentists will provide you with critical information on how to better care for your oral health and how to change your lifestyle choices to enhance your dental health.
- Saved Money in the Long Run
- Your dentist can assist you in identifying and correcting problems before they require more expensive dental work and more sophisticated procedures in the future. Also, most dental insurance companies will cover two checkups with cleanings each year, so you won't have to pay anything on the spot.
Uptown Smiles offers the best dental services in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. To contact us, visit our office at 601 NW 23rd St Suite #200, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, or call (405) 702-7766.