Professional teeth cleaning involves the removal of plaque and tartar from the teeth. It aids in keeping steer of periodontal diseases, cavities, and dental emergencies.
Professional dental exams are performed during dental check-ups, which identify dental diseases. Uptown Smiles provides both the services at the dentistry with the help of efficient and experienced dentists.
Benefits of Teeth Cleaning.
- Teeth cleaning eliminates the build-up of tartar and plaque.
- It polishes the teeth and removes stain and discoloration on teeth.
- The treatment includes scaling, which cleans plaque beneath the gum line.
- Fresh breath is a significant benefit post teeth cleaning session.
- It helps to reduce the risk of dental emergencies.
Benefits of Professional Exams for Teeth.
- Examination of the teeth helps to detect signs of cavities and tooth decay.
- It helps to catch sight of the accumulation of plaque in the mouth.
- Teeth examination detects early stages of oral cancer.
- Gum diseases can be treated immediately by observing them during a dental exam.
- Infections and bad breath can be detected through professional dental exams.
The Procedure of Teeth Cleaning.
The dental hygienist does a dental check-up of the patient to analyze the oral condition. It helps to detect the early signs of any dental diseases. The dentist begins the procedure by removing the build-up of plaque and tartar from the gumline using a scaler.
The hard tartar is loosened using an ultrasonic vibrating device. This process helps to heal inflamed gums and gum-related issues. After scaling, a gush of water is used to clear the tartar. The dentist completes the process by polishing the teeth, which results in radiant teeth.
The Procedure of Professional Exams.
Professional dental exams are done using various dental imaging systems like X-Rays. It helps the dentist to detect dental conditions that cannot be assessed in a routine check-up. A mouth mirror is used to receive the view of the back and sides of the teeth.
The dentist makes sure that the teeth are in alignment and that the upper and lower teeth come together. The lymph glands and soft tissues in the mouth are also examined in the process to check for signs of dental diseases. The dental exam helps detect the diseases and start the treatment for the dental conditions at the earliest.
Uptown Smiles, located in Oklahoma City, OK, provides dental treatments for all types of dental emergencies. Call at (405) 702-7766 and schedule an appointment at the dentistry for a complete oral check-up.