Tooth-colored fillings are safe fillings for the tooth that has lost a large amount of its structure. It is made from composite materials and is used to repair cavities and decay in the mouth.
Tooth-colored resins provide good resistance to any fracture on the tooth. Uptown Smiles provide Tooth-colored fillings to the patients and make them look exactly like natural teeth as we take our time getting to know you and your dental needs.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings.
- It is an aesthetic treatment that helps to enhance a better smile.
- Tooth-colored fillings help to restore chipped and broken teeth in the mouth.
- The treatment gets over in a single appointment at the dentistry.
- It is a painless procedure and does not cause any discomfort.
- The teeth look similar to the natural teeth of the patient.
- It offers good durability to the patients if maintained well.
- Tooth-colored fillings preserve more of the natural tooth during the treatment.
- It is a customized treatment that is tailored according to each patient's requirement.
- The treatment helps to restore the dental strength of the patient.
The Process of Tooth-colored fillings.
The dentist does a complete dental checkup of the patient before starting the procedure. The tooth needs to be clean and dry before the treatment can begin. The tooth color that suits the natural tooth is picked for the fillings. Anesthesia is provided to numb the area during the treatment.
The dentist removes the decayed material and prepares the space for the tooth filling. Composite resin is filled into the hold of the tooth and hardened using a dental curing light. The new tooth-colored filling is fixed onto the existing tooth and polished to match the color of the existing tooth.
Aftercare required post Tooth-colored filling.
The patients are advised to follow good dental hygiene for better maintenance of the tooth with the filling. The dentists suggest fluoride toothpaste for brushing the teeth. Regular brushing and flossing can help in keeping the teeth clean.
The patients also need to visit the dentistry for tooth cleaning appointments as instructed. Good dental care is crucial to keep infections away from the tooth. In case of any discomfort in the teeth, the patients need to reach the dentists for a further check-up immediately.
At Uptown Smiles, located in Oklahoma City, Ok, patients are provided with dental treatments by expert dentists. Call at (405) 702-7766 and book an appointment with the dentistry for an oral checkup for you and your family.