A cracked, chipped, or broken tooth will have an adverse effect on a person's appearance. Restorative dentistry is a branch of dentistry that helps to restore the defective tooth.
The treatment enhances the appearance of the person and provides functionality to the tooth. At Uptown Smiles, the patients receive various restorative dental treatments that help restore the defective tooth.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry.
- Removes Pain:Tooth decay and cavities can cause pain due to infection. Restorative dental treatments help to eliminate the pain by removing the infection in the tooth.
- Prevent tooth loss:Unattended tooth problems can lead to tooth loss or extraction of the tooth. Restorative dentistry helps restore the tooth at the earliest.
- Increases self-esteem:Tooth problems may reduce the self-confidence people have about their appearance. Restorative treatment helps to improve the self-esteem of the people about their smiles.
- Prevents spread of infections: Restorative dentistry helps avoid the spread of infection to the rest of the mouth by treating the infected tooth immediately.
- Provides tooth functionality:The teeth can be used for chewing and eating like other natural teeth.
Types of Restorative Dental Treatments.
- Dental Implants:In the case of a missing tooth, dentists suggest dental implants. It is an artificial tooth that is fixed along with the root system in the area of the missing teeth. The implant root, which is made of titanium, is placed in the jaw. A crown is fixed on the top to complete the procedure.
- Dentures:Dentures are an entire arch of teeth that helps to replace the whole set of teeth. It is a replacement option that is attached to the gums. It is fixed through suction and can be removed when required.
- Crown: Dental crown is a cap worn on a tooth that has deformities. It helps to conceal the cracked, broken, and chipped teeth. The crown is placed on top of the natural root. It functions and appears like a natural tooth.
- Cavity filling:It is a dental procedure that removes the damaged part of a tooth. After cleaning the hole, composite material is filled inside the tooth. It matches the color of the tooth and protects the tooth from further damage.
- Root Canal:It is a dental procedure that helps to remove infections inside the tooth. The soft pulp inside the tooth is cleaned and rinsed thoroughly to remove the infection. It is later filled with a composite filling.
Uptown Smiles, located in Oklahoma City, OK, has all the restorative dental treatments for most dental conditions. Dial (405) 702-7766 to schedule an appointment with the expert dentists at the dentistry.